In 1956 Harry C. Paul, a Canadian businessman from Saskatchewan, attended the trappers festival at The Pas, Manitoba with a snowmobile that he invented. At the festival he met David Johnson and Edgar Hetteen of Polaris Industries in Roseau, MN. As a result of this meeting, it was agreed that Polaris Industries would build snowmobiles and HarrEy Paul would sell the in Canada under the Autoboggan. Most of the Autoboggan machines were identical to the Polaris models in design, but they were painted Harvest Gold rather than the pale blue of the early Polaris models.
Production of the Autoboggan began in the 56-57 season and continued until 1966, when production was discontinued.
It is estimated that somewhere over 1000 machines were manufactured over the 10 year production span.
This particular W-9E has a 9hp Wisconsin motor with electric start.
Top of the Lake Snowmobile Museum
P.O. Box 2
Naubinway, MI 49762
Hours: 906 477-6298
Appointment: 906 477 6192
Copyright © 2009 - 2023 Top of the Lake Snowmobile Museum. All rights reserved.